Main functions of polyGeVero-CT
The above movie is to illustrate only some main functions of the polyGeVero-CT.
The following operations are allowed in polyGeVero®-CT on the whole series of images:
- addition and subtraction of series, e.g. subtraction of background data for a polymer gel dosimeter from a series,
- calculating of mean series of out a few series,
- numerous filtrations of images (Mean, Median, Adaptive Mean, Adaptive Median, Kuwahara mask, Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), Savitzky-Golay, Envelope),
- performing “Zero Scan Method”,
- drawing profiles and comparing profiles,
- defining ROIs/VOIs and calculations for ROIs/VOIs as well as calculations of calibrations using one of the numerous available calibration equations,
- processing of data towards the calculation of calibrations, calibration parameters and dose resolution relations vs. dose by using the predefined VOIs/ROIs,
- storing of calibrations in the calibration database,
- automatic and manual moving/shifting of two series to overlap them for further processing of data; e.g. in case background is subtracted from a series for which CT scanning was performed separately for a background dosimeter phantom and another dosimeter phantom,
- calculation of distances and angles, and measuring pixel values,
- exporting data as TXT files with headers and printing data (e.g. as PDF files with headers),
- isocenter calculations,
- histogram calculations (DVH).
Additionally, one can perform filtering for a mask expressed in mm, that includes voxels in the neighbourhood of a slice comprising a selected voxel (3D option); this is an additional option apart from the one for the filtering where only the pixels of a 2D image are taken for calculations (2D option). Filtering with the Fourier F. Transform can be performed both for low- and high-pass filters as well as for different windows (cosine, Hamming, Hann, Nuttall, Blackman, Barlett-Hann, Blackman-Harris and Blackman-Nuttall).
The layout of polyGeVero®-CT: there are 3 Workspaces for processing data:
- Single Series
- Multiple Series
- Registration Series.